What makes Infinity devices environment-friendly?
The quality of life in tomorrow’s world will depend on how we treat the environment today. At Develop we take our corporate responsibility for the environment seriously. Consequently, our environmental policy is based on the principle of achieving the most harmonious relationship possible between our products and the environment. Our environmental management policy aims to minimise the environmental impact and maximise the ecological value of our products throughout their lifecycle. That this is not just an empty promise is shown by our ISO 14001 Certification.
At every stage of a product’s lifecycle, Develop ensures that raw materials, components and consumables are selected according to environmentally compatible criteria and energy is used as economically as possible. As a result, Develop has been certified to ISO 14001. Certification proves that our environmental management system works. It also requires from us that we regularly document its impact and maintain its effectiveness – demands we are glad to meet. All Develop devices are manufactured at facilities certified to ISO 14001.
Since 1978, the Blue Angel seal has been awarded to environment-friendly products. Blue Angel evaluates a product’s energy consumption, noise emissions and recyclability. Since energy consumption is directly related to emissions of CO2, a crucial greenhouse gas, Blue Angel devices are helping to reduce CO2 emissions. Most Develop products fulfill the even stricter Blue Angel requirements introduced in April 2007.
Ricoh UK Ltd Environmental Policy
Ricoh recognise environmental conservation as one of the most important missions given to mankind and we regard environmental conservation as an integral element in all our business activities. We, therefore, assume responsibility for environmental conservation and approach this on a company wide basis. To support this we have a Corporate Social Responsibility Dept whose aim, with the support of myself Phil Keoghan, CEO, and the Board of Directors, is to help and guide Ricoh to achieve its goals and reduce the organisations impact on the environment.
Through our commitment to continual improvement in our environmental activities and in compliance with all applicable legislation, our Environmental Management System establishes a desire to prevent pollution and set objectives and targets to measure our performance. Our environmental targets programme indicates reduction objectives in the following areas:-
- Reduce Carbon Emissions – Gas, Electricity & Vehicle Fleet.
- Zero Waste to Landfill by 2011 – waste reduction – packaging, paper and general office waste.
- Recovery and recycling of Ricoh Products.
Ricoh UK senior management have a responsibility & commitment to:-
- Implement, publish, communicate and maintain an Environmental Management System.
- Ensure the availability of sufficient resources to achieve our objectives and targets.
- Allocate roles and responsibilities as required by the system.
- Continually review our performance against published objectives and targets in the environmental manual by ongoing internal and external audits.
- Document the environmental management system and ensure all our staff are trained in its use and application to achieve environmental best practice.
- Make the environmental policy available to all interested parties through our web site and all Ricoh sites.
The employees of Ricoh UK share a responsibility & commitment to:-
- Work in accordance to the intent and practices contained in the environmental management system.
- Report and communicate any incidents or ideas which may assist the management to review the processes to prevent future reoccurrence and to facilitate improvements in our environmental performance.
- Ensure that all contractors and third parties comply with the spirit and intent of our procedures.
Ricoh UK will provide a regular management review process to discuss the environmental management system and to take into account all future changes in the needs of the business, and applicable legal and other requirements to which Ricoh UK subscribes which relate to our environmental aspects. The success of the policy will come from the individual and combined efforts of our staff to ensure its effective implementation in all areas of the business. This Policy is displayed within all branches of Ricoh UK Ltd.
Why choose us?
Choose Infinity as your print partner in Wales as we have the best hardware and software on the market allied with our ethos and business philosophy of helping your organisation maximise its document strategy, helping you save money, time and the environment whilst also improving efficiency and compliance.
- Cutting edge industry knowledge
- Large enough to cope small enough to care
- Accountability and reliability
- Personal Account Management